Book Of Proverbs: 21:1 The LORD Can Turn The Hearts Of Kings

The heart of a king can be turned by the LORD.




21:1. As the divisions of waters, so the heart of the king is in the hand of the Lord: whithersoever he will, he shall turn it.





Today's verse took me quite a bit of thinking to try to figure out the message, and I'm not quite sure if I got it right.

I could use your help, so put your thoughts in the comment section below.

Here's what I came up with...

The "divisions of waters" may be harkening back to Moses when he parted the Red Sea. (?) And kings were considered to be the most powerful, knowledgeable and wise of the people. Yet, a king's confidence, or possibly arrogance - a hardened heart - will turn when touched by the hand of the LORD.


The Pharaohs were frequently described as having hard hearts. A heartless mindset can be turned by the LORD...

I guess, no matter how powerful you think you are, the hand of the LORD can trump yours.

If I had to put this verse into a single thought, it is that the LORD is all-powerful and no earthly king is a match for the heavenly King.

What do you think? Did I get it right?

Share your thoughts.

Book of Proverbs 21:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

How have these thoughts helped you, or add comments...

Other Blogs I Write

Most Popular Posts Last 30 Days